FOR urology condition - THE world leading SURGERY with a unique minimally invasive method – da Vinci® ROBOTIC Surgery, performed at our partner clinic in Sweden by the world’s top specialists!
Robotic surgical techniques can be used for any disease or disorder that affects the male reproductive organs or the male and female urinary tract (kidneys, bladder, ureters and urethra). Some common urologic conditions are:
- Prostate Cancer
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), prostate volume of 80 cc (adenomenukleation of the prostate)
- Kidney Disorder or Cancer (Nephrectomy - the entire kidney taken away. Partial nephrectomy - part of the kidney removed)
- Bladder Cancer
- Urinary Blockage
- Hydronephrosis due to stenosis of PUJ (renal pelvis surgery)
For a confirmed diagnosis of prostate cancer that requires treatment and the decision is taken to operate, we can offer this high-precision robot-assisted method that can be more gentle than traditional surgery, reducing the risk of side effects and shortening time to recovery.
Advantages in comparison to traditional laparoscopic method:
- more patients return to pre-surgery erectile function at 12-month checkup,
- faster return of urinary continence,
- lower risk of complications,
- better nerve sparing rate,
- shorter hospital stay (pacient usually checks out after 2-3 days in hospital).
Operation might be scheduled within approximately 2 weeks’ time.
Included in the price:
- pre-surgery case investigation by the surgeon (based on supplied medical documentation). Might involve communication with the client's doctor.
- surgery implemented in Sweden by the world’s top experienced specialists
- hospital stay up to 48 hours after operation
If needed, Swedish MedCare assistant service can be arranged to make your trip to Sweden as comfortable and trouble-free as possible. The service - a Swedish speaking person accompanies you to Sweden for the surgery and up to 48 hours after operation, mostly assists with the communication with the doctor, helps you arrange transportation, monitor appointments, make other bookings if needed and similar issues.
For more information please CONTACT US.
As stated in the method website: Da Vinci technology enables surgeon to operate through a few small incisions (cuts), like traditional laparoscopy, instead of a large open incision. This robotic–assisted surgical device and System gives surgeons: a 3D high definition view inside body, wristed instruments that bend and rotate far greater than the human hand, enhanced vision, precision and control.