THE NEW WAVE IN ENLARGED PROSTATE TREATMENT – THE POWER OF A FEW DROPS OF WATER!
A noncancerous increase in size of the prostate, also called benign enlargement of the prostate, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
The breadth of patients suffering from BPH is great, the symptoms include:
- the need to urinate frequently,
- waking at night to urinate,
- urgency (compelling need to void that cannot be deferred),
- involuntary urination, including involuntary urination at night, or
- urge incontinence (urine leak following a strong sudden need to urinate).
- Voiding symptoms include urinary hesitancy (a delay between trying to urinate and the flow actually beginning), intermittency (not continuous), involuntary interruption of voiding, weak urinary stream, straining to void, a sensation of incomplete emptying, and terminal dribbling (uncontrollable leaking after the end of urination, also called post-micturition dribbling).
- These symptoms may be accompanied by bladder pain or pain while urinating, called dysuria.
Swedish MedCare offers our clients the latest and most effective treatments available for such urologic conditions.This new technology offers another option earlier in the care continuum due to its ability to be performed in the office or an outpatient setting with local anesthesia.
What is Rezūm method and how it can help you or your close ones?
Rezūm water vapor therapy is a minimally invasive BPH treatment option that delivers targeted, controlled doses of the stored thermal energy in water vapor to the region of the prostate gland with the obstructive tissue.
Some of the reasons for selection of Rezūm as a treatment method is that it:
- is a simple in-office/out-patient therapy. The procedure itself takes ~6 minutes; with preliminary investigation and consultation the visit in clinic is for only 2-3 hours. It means you do not need to stay in the hospital for several days and pay hospital fee, you can leave home on the same day if you wish. So it might perfectly fit into the busy schedule.
- does not require general anesthesia, which is of importance for specific health condition (heart and vessels diseases, after stroke etc.)
- relieves symptoms safely and effectively, significantly reduces discomfort, possible complications and side effect risks, e.g., impact on sexual function, characteristic to other BPH treatment methods.
- is able to treat the median lobe/central zone
- is an alternative to BPH medications
- provides noticeable symptom improvement within two weeks
- preserves erectile and urinary functions,
- allows patients to return to regular activities within a few days
Rezūm method is available in Stockholm, Sweden and is performed by Dr Lennart Wagrell, PhD, who has taken part in the development of the method and is the method representative in Europe. The procedure can be arranged already within 1-2 weeks' time.
You yourself can do something about your health today!
Fill in the form to the right CONTACT US - we will communicate your case with the doctor and arrange everything for your visit, we are experienced in arranging cross-border medical services.
We suggest you to encourage your urologist to contact us to discuss specific medical issues, we shall send additional medical information to the specialist in order to experience better client coordination and patient support.
Rezūm method description.
Rezūm is a transurethral needle ablation procedure which is minimally invasive delivery of the device through your urethra, where a needle will be placed into the extra prostate tissue and this tissue will be destroyed with the radiofrequency created thermal energy. Rezūm uses radiofrequency water vapor thermal therapy to treat the extra prostate tissue that is causing symptoms such as frequency, urgency, irregular flow, weak stream, straining and getting up at night to urinate.
Inside a hand-held device, radiofrequency energy is applied to a few drops of water to create vapor (steam). The water vapor is injected into the prostate tissue that is blocking the flow of urine from the bladder, where it immediately turns back to water, releasing the energy stored in the vapor into the cell membranes. At this point, the cells are gently and immediately damaged, causing cell death. Over time, your body will absorb the treated tissue through its natural healing response.