A variety of bodily problems can manifest as a result of psychological and emotional stress. This is just as common in women as it is in men. An estimated 15%-20% of all women suffer from various sexual disorders such as pain during intercourse, vaginismus and hypersexuality or asexuality. In some situations, a sexologist or psychotherapist can help, whereas in other cases the services of a gynaecologist or endocrinologist may be required. Some problems can only be solved by performing intimate surgery.
- Plastic surgery on the labia minora and majora
- Plastic surgery on the perineum
- Plastic surgery on the vagina
- Hymen restoration
- Removal of the foreskin (circumcision)
- Implantation of testicular prostheses